I know I’ve been a bit absent from the blog this last week.
I am pulling all kinds of things to write about and share with you all, but I just haven’t been able to find the time! I am also getting ready to take a trip. Amidst the work, wedding showers, trips back home, and other day to day life, I am off to Asia (Hong Kong and Thailand) tomorrow for the first time. I hope to come back in two weeks with all sorts of inspiration to share with you all!
Surely you all know the basic stores when it comes to home decor. The Pottery Barn’s, The Crate and Barrels, The Pier 1’s. Although these are great to go to for simple Sisal or Shag, there are so many other reasonable options out there. Hopefully I am about to introduce you to some that may be new to you.
First – here are a few more of my favorite inspirations when it comes to rugs:
Most rugs I found below are in the $1000 and less range. In my post on Thursday I shared with you some of my favorite rugs, now here are some places where you can find them.
1) Urban Home
3) Interior Homescapes Love the peacock rug. And it’s just $657
4) Burke Decor
5) British Flag Rug at Maison Luxe. Love it hung on the wall here.
6) Zebra hide can be found at several Places: Mason Luxe, $600, Animal Print Essentials (lots of ideas here), Interiour Homescapes, $300 range
Or – if you’re daring, try painting a rug on your floor. LOVE.
Do you have any other go to places for rugs?
Image: NY Times
Happy Easter! Don’t these pastel chairs just remind you of Spring!
Like most people, I love a good deal. But you may not live in an area that has the best home shops when it comes to decor for your pad. So you have to turn to online. Below I have compiled a list of my favorite daily deal websites. Also – a lot of these sites have features from great designers. Even if you’re not shopping, it’s a great place to go for inspiration.
Here are my top picks:
1) The Foundary – a source for daily indulgence in coveted home decor at up to 70% off.
2) Eziba – From the owners of Overstock, daily deals starting at 11am/ET. The biggest perk here is shipping is only $2.95.
3) One Kings Lane – one of the priciest of the bunch, but offers top quality, high end items. One Kings Lane is my favorite when it comes to inventory.
4) Gilt Groupe – Can fall on the expensive side, the original when it comes to daily deal websites.
5) Groupon Home and Garden – recently launched home site. Deals tend to be heavier on the gardening side of things, but I imagine it will slowly shift to more home (at least for NY’ers).
6) Haute Look – 48-hour sales. I ordered some bedding from here last month, and I am very pleased with it. What I am not so much of fan of is that it took over two weeks to arrive. So if you need it quickly, you may want to look elsewhere.
Happy Hunting! Hope you find some goodies!
Gosh it has been such a long and busy week. I volunteer on the side with an organization called Project Spark, and last night was our big fundraiser. It was a huge success, but getting a post up has been the farthest thing from my mind. But, I promised myself that I would post Monday – Friday, so here goes.
Below is the very very first inspiration board that I created a few months ago and it all started with one of my all time favorites…this Blythe chair from Anthropologie. Although $1600 it’s definitely something I would splurge for (and I am considering doing it). It’s one of those great pieces I know I would have around for a very long time. 1) Blythe Chair from Anthropologie, $1598
2) Clear Console Table, CB2, $349
3) Black Bookcase/Makeshift TV Stand, Target (and used in my post last week), $179
4) Rug, West Elm, $49 – $699
5) Stoool, CB2, $129
6) Bench and black sofa, sources unknown
Hope you all have a great weekend spent with family and friends!
Do you have an area rug in your home? Are you overwhelmed when it comes to looking at all the options out there? Do you not even know where to start?
Committing to a rug can be like committing to a boyfriend. And like a boyfriend, they can be very hard to find. But once you find the right one, it’s a match made in heaven. Oh, and they can cost a lot. The rug, not the boyfriend.
I have one large 9×11 Sisal Rug in my bedroom. Before I had the rug it didn’t really feel like anything special. But as soon as I put it down, the whole room felt tied together.
A few pointers when purchasing:
1) Don’t be afraid to layer. Area rugs work well over carpet. If you have a sisal rug, a smaller patterned rug may look nice over it.
2) If you have one large room an area rug or two will help section off your spaces, so it doesn’t feel so large.
3) Buy the largest size rug you can.
4) Don’t be scared to mix patterns and colors. I’ve found that sometimes the most obscure and ‘unsafe’ choice may look the best.
5) Try to fit at least two legs of each piece of furniture in the room on the rug (see above images).
6) Mixing modern furniture and an Oriental rug may be a bold move; but a good one. For more on this style, check out Apartment Therapy’s recent post.
Image: Apartment Therapy
Here is some additional inspiration:
We are about to get a large rug for our living room, and suprisingly it’s not going to cost an arm and a leg. After days of online hunting, I think we have found our latest addition. It’s from IKEA!
Here are some images of the rug we are about to purchase. I am really excited for it, and I know with the black and white we won’t be tied to any particular color should it need to go somewhere else.
Not an exact match, but close. Image: Walking Around
Check back Monday for my top places to purchase your next rug (on a budget). There are so many, and I don’t want to bore you in this post. Plus, I need a reason for you to come back!
I know I am very very late to this game. If any designer were to actually read this blog they would be ashamed at how dated this post may be. But I don’t care. I have something I love; Moroccan Poufs.
I wrote about them yesterday in my Calypso+Target=Happiness post. So here are some great rooms that incorporate the pouf.
Images Sources: Domino Mag, Pink Wallpaper, Making it Lovely , Table Tonic, LJ Hooker, La La Lovely , Designer Does Dallas, Sunshine & Champagne
Don’t you just love all of these? Where can you buy these leather beauties? I’ve ranked them priced low to high at sites I have been able to find.
1) Target – Available May 1 for $59.99 and a limited color run of silver and gold.
2) HSN – $99 (also only comes in Silver and Gold). Nate Berkus has so many great items on the site. Definitely worth checking out the site.
3) Table Tonic – $199 with all colors, including white.
4) John Derian – $285 – $325 with every color you could imagine
5) Tazi designs – $225 – $450 also with every color in the rainbow, and some have different colored seams
Have you seen any poufs out there? Please share!
It’s time to make a visit to your nearest Tar-jay. If Target wasn’t already amazing enough, on May 1, Calypso Home is coming!!!! I couldn’t be more excited! And how did I only hear about this on Sunday night? I need to get out from under the rock I’ve been living.
So lets start with some of the goodies! I have had my eye on Moroccan Pouf’s for some time now (my post tomorrow will be all about them). I was tickled when I saw the gold and silver poufs will soon be available from Target for only $59.99!!! Prices for poufs can run in the $200 – $300 range. Although only silver and gold are available, I am going to have to snatch up at least one in silver for the living room.
What else do I love? Well, pretty much everything, but here are a few.
These pillows at $24.99 each.
Elephant Teapot in Coral. I don’t think I would use this for tea. I think it would look really great in my hutch in the dining area. And for $12.99!
This serving piece would be so much fun to use while entertaining. $12.99
I think it’s great to give tables height when you entertain, which is the reason I like this so much. Again, the price-point is great. Only $19.99.
And my absolute favorite piece are these silver candle holders. I am not sure really how tall they are, but they would look great on a side table or entryway, candles or not. Prices range from $7.99 – 24.99.
Images via Nitro:licious.
So run, don’t walk, to Target on May 1st. Just don’t beat me there…because I need a few of these things for my home!